Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Clearing old interfaces for future.

Hello, we currently have a 2620 that was configured for our old frame relay. I need to wipe the config clean for a Point to Point T1 we are bringing in to our new home office.

What is the cleanest way to wipe out my sub-interfaces? I tried the "no interface command" and specified the the sub interface but it did not seem to clear them. I thought I cleared all the configuration parameters from them as well. Basically I need to wipe my config clean so that I can start fresh. Any assistance you could provide would be most helpful.

3 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: Clearing old interfaces for future.

The way you went about it probably should have worked. You can always write your config the way you want it in a text editor, tftp it to startup-config, and reload. That would probably do it.

Community Member

Write erase will blow away your entire config. Do write erase then reload. You may want to save your old config via tftp in case you need it back for some reason.

Community Member

Alternatively you could simply enter "no encaps frame-relay" on the physical interface. That should have the default effect of removing any sub-ints under that specific serial interface.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content