Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CLEC connections? What mods are best? DS3 clear channel circuits?

I am trying to minimize my overhead for cost and hardware. I currently run all frame T1's to my customers and I would like to migrate my circuit to a DS3 ATM circuit so I can just order Frame to ATM ipvc for all T1's to customers and just pvc's on my equipment. Is this possible and does anyone knowhow to order it with the ILEC. Another question is what card do I use for a 3662 if I want a Cear Channel DS3 circuit.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES

Re: CLEC connections? What mods are best? DS3 clear channel circ

The NM-1HSSI card should allow you to configure a clear channel DS3 circuit on the 3600 series routers.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/rt/3600/prodlit/seral_ds.htm

We use a channelized DS3 service (also known as an administrative DS3 to our telco, Time Warner) at our main site (Cisco 7500 with a PA-MC-T3+ card). This is not an ATM circuit. To save costs we migrated our existing T1s to the DS3 at the main site. However, it was a nightmare working with AT&T and the LEC, and getting them to work together and complete all of the necessary cross-connects at the CO. I would almost recommend installing a new concurrent circuit and then just canceling the old one. It may cost a little more, but that is better than possibly taking a customer down because of telco messups (which did happen).

Not sure about the 3600 card, but on a 7500, we use both the PA-T3+ serial card (much easier configuration) and the Enhanced ATM card ( in a back-to-back configuration, since the DS3 is not an ATM circuit) for our clear channel DS3s. Hope this helps...

Thank you for the reply it did help however the LEC makes it more fuzzy everyday. When I start talking about channelized DS3 they tell me that is not what I want, but i am positive that it is what I want. I need to be able to ride 3 megs of DSL bandwidth over it and also ride my existing 8 T1's over the same DS3 circuit. Qwest has their head so far up the you know what I can't get anywhere. I will probably be asking a couple more questions as this goes on. Please keep an eye out for me.

Views
Helpful
Replies