Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Clients not able to connect to MS exchange server over a cisco switch

Hello,

I have a Cisco L3 switch.

I have a Exchange server and until i split the network into every thing was working ok, meaning the clients can connect to the Exchange without issues.

But after i split the network into 2 vlans, moving the exchange in one vlan and the clients in another vlan, i have complains saying that the users are not able to connect to exchange periodically.

Even users from the same subnet also cannot connect to the exchange often.

Meaning the clients can connect to the exchange and suddenly it will stop working. at the same time i can ping the exchange and that shows there is no routing issue or LAN issue.

But still clients cant connect to the exchange, when i reboot it will start working again for some time.

wondering whether it could be related to any network related issue or MTU or PMTUD issues.

The whole issue started only after we split the network into two vlans.

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Clients not able to connect to MS exchange server over a cis

If you have physical access to the switch, it may save time to look at the port LEDs which give you the link status or may indicate an error condition (if red or orange). The table below describes the LED status indicators for Ethernet modules or fixed-configuration switches:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfd6.shtml

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content