Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Cluster Management Suite and IP change

Hi all.

I have a cluster containing 16 switches. The root switch is a 3750. After changing all the IP addresses of the switches, including the root's one, i just can't connect anymore to CMS.

In IE, the first management page appear, so there is no IP problem, but when i manage to open CMS, a java exception occur.

Does anybody know where does the problem come from?

JB

PS: Sorry for my bad english...

8 REPLIES
Silver

Re: Cluster Management Suite and IP change

Can you copy paste the exact error you are getting? This will make troubleshooting easy.

According to our customer, which switches belong to, this is the error message:

'Java Plug-in applet installation warning'

'I/O Exception - abort Applet installation'

Any idea?

JB

Perhaps the user does not have the right to install the Java Plugin on the PC from which he tries to launch the WEB management of the switch. User should try to access from a mashine where he has full (admin) access.

regards,

Martin

The user used to connect to the cluster without any problem before changing the ip addresses. He is administrator of his machine.

JB

did the user try to clear the browser cache, close all open browser-windows, clear the Java-Cache (Start-settings-system control) reopen the browser and tried to access again? Sometimes (too often..) this helps like a miracle...

Martin

The user tried almost all of those, except clear the java-cache.

Is it "Java Plug-in icon/Cache/Clear JAR cache" ?

I will make him try, and tell you if it works.

Thanks

JB

that´s it...

and he should do both, clear the Java cache AND the browser cache and then reopen the browser!

Martin

try uninstalling and re-installing the java client, i had a similar problem with my 2950T's. after reinstalling the app everything went fine

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content