Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Clustering between 4503 and 2950

Hi,

Please guide me on how to do clustering between 4503 SUP -II switch with 2950 switch.

We can do is make 4503 as the command switch and rest 2950 switch as member switches.

thanks in advance

Abhishek

3 Replies 3

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Abhishek,

AFAIK CATOS does not support clustering. Also Cisco is now moving towards Network Assistance and is supportes in cat4k only with sup2+ with minimum 12.2(20)EWA using Cisco Network Assistance.

So as per me we cannot configure cluster in cat4k with sup2 and need to have sup2+ with minimum 12.2(20)EWA

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps4324/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00802a5bd7.html#wp1064394

HTH

Ankur

Hi Ankur,

Switch is IOS based its not a CAT base.Earlier i was trying to do it with Cluster Management Suit (CMS) but 4503 doesnt support CMS .I have tried to run cluster related commands via CLI and those commands were there.

regards

Abhishek

Hi Abhishek,

Then you must be having sup2+ atleast as you are running IOS am I correct as in your first post you posted you have sup2.

Anways the link I have mentioned in my previous post guide you to configure Cisco Network Assistance (CNA) which is supported by cat4k switches now and also how to confiure cluster using CNA.

Regards,

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: