cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CMS IOS upgrade of member switch

wrafuse
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.. I'm trying to upgrade a member 2950 sw using the "system upgrade" feature on a 3550 cmd switch. old IOS for the member is 12.1(9)EA1 and wannt to upgrade to 12.1(13)EA1. The 3550 is at 12.1(8)EA1c. When I attempt the upgrade of the member sw via CMS I use the TFTP server which has the rel Tar file. Watching the 3550 log anf TFTP logs the approx 5m file is transferred (as per TFTP). The cmd log shows the following msgs Transfer completed....Done....NULL An thats it. The IOS tar file is no where to be found. I also ETR'ed Cisco previously with no solution so far. Any ideas or suggestion would be appreciated. Also the member sw is 7m with 3m avail..does CMS handle this? On non member switches I had to use ARCHIVE TAR command.

Thanks

Bill

2 Replies 2

rohit.raju
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Answer to your second question is no....

-Roh

wrafuse
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the reply. Cisco responded saying there is a unresolved bug that causes the " Done ...Null" msgs without detailing the actual cause. We started the upgrades using CLI with Archive... cmd successfully.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: