Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CMS Promlems--HELP

I am having problems getting the CMS software embedded in my 3550 to display back in my Internet Explorer web browser. Here are my steps:

-I put the ip of the switch in the location are of the browser.

-the access WS-C3550-12G page comes up.

-I click on web console.

-the cluster management software suite page comes up

-loading java applet screen comes up

-The login box comes up and I login using a level 15 access that was configured on the switch itself.

-the grant session box comes up and I click 'grant'

-then in the bottom left is says determining network connections and the login box keeps coming back.

-finally it determines the network connections and a page displays saying, 'guide', and 'expert' at the top but I can't do anything. that is all I get.

Does anyone have any hints or ideas as to what may be the problem?

2 REPLIES

Re: CMS Promlems--HELP

make sure you use the recommended JRE on your PC, and you don't have other versions installed

you could also upgrade your 3550 to the latest IOS which uses a new way of displaying CMS, with CMS plugin

upgrades for 2950/3550 are freely downloadable from CCO

Re: CMS Promlems--HELP

You need to upgrade the Java on your PC. Use the following link to download JRE 1.3.1 and remove all the previous versions of java from ur PC, or do it on any other fresh system which you have never used for CMS :

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.3/download.html

if it still doesn`t work, then download the CMS Plugin 1.1 and install that as well :

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/Software/Tablebuild/doftp.pl?sla=Yes&ftpfile=pub/netmgmt/cms/win/1.1/CMS-Plug-in-1-1.exe&size=&swtype=FCS&code=&software_products_url=%2Fpcgi-bin%2Ftablebuild.pl%2FCMS-Plug-In-Win-1-1&isChild=&appName=&tbtype=CMS-Plug-In...

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content