Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Coil Pb Rx Underf Errors on a 6509

I am receiving the following errors on a 48 port 10/100 on a 6509 switch.

2001 Nov 12 12:56:22 LOCAL +03:00 %SYS-3-SYS_LCPERR3:Module 6: Coil Pb Rx Underf

low Error - Port #24:

Will somebody explain what might be going on or at least point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Scott

3 REPLIES

Re: Coil Pb Rx Underf Errors on a 6509

Hi

You may want to upgrade your switch to atleast 5.5.10 based on this bug CSCdu03935 mentioned in the release notes here.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/relnotes/78_6218.htm#xtocid843022

If you continue to have problems after the upgrade, you may have a bad hardware but I would suggest that you open a TAC case to further troubleshooting.

Hi,

That error message isn't in the System Messages documentation for the Cat. I searched for it on Google and found a few hits in the comp.sys.dcom.cisco newsgroup though. One person was getting this error and it turned out to be faulty hardware and the other person upgraded their code to 5.5(4b). Might want to open TAC case on it maybe.

Just trying to help out, Erick

It looks like you might have a bad ASIC. Is there a block of 12 ports that are having problems? Move those connections to another blade. When you call into TAC they will have you reinsert the card, but be forwarned, there is a good chance the card will fail the post tests and not power back up. Also unfortunately there is no fix but to replace the card.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content