Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Command DHCP

Hi,

I want two diferent network segment in a router 3660. I have 167.10.10.1 as principal in the port ethernet 167.10.10.1 as principal and 167.10.14.1 as secundary.

We have a DCHP Microsoft server that delivers ip address to the segment 167.10.10.1, but it doesn´t delivers to the 167.10.14.1, both defined in the DCHP server.

I want know, if I have to add any command to the router for DHCP Microsoft server to deliver ip address to the segment 167.10.14.1.

Thanks for your help.

Alexis.

2 REPLIES

Re: Command DHCP

You would have to set up the ip helper-address x.x.x.x command on the interface that needs to forward the DHCP request. x.x.x.x is the IP for the Microsoft Server running DHCP.

Re: Command DHCP

If you have a secondary address, you need to define a Superscope in the Microsoft DHCP Server, including the primary scope and secondary scope (acording with the primary and secondary address of the interface).

Why? Becouse the DHCP Server only assign IP Address of the scope that matches with their network .... if you have a Superscope and the primary scope is full, the DHCP Server assign IP Address of the secondary scope.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content