Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

command -OSPF fresh timer change-

i'm an engineer working in the mobile infrastructure.

i want to ask if there is a command which can changes OSPF refresh timer from the default value of 30minutes. i could find commands which change hello, and dead timers of OSPF, but i can't find any refrence of the change of the value of refresh timer. if there is the command, please let me know.

thank you.

arry

2 REPLIES

Re: command -OSPF fresh timer change-

Hi,

LSAs used to be refreshed every 30 minutes by OSPF in old Cisco IOSes. The software would scan the whole database to findout aged LSAs and refresh those which are aged. This wasted a lot of CPU cycles and hence, instead of this procedure, Cisco introduced Group pacing. Every LSA still ages out in 30 minutes, but aged LSAs are not immediately refreshed...They are accumulated and are refreshed in a group. This will save a lot of CPU cycles. So I think you can only tweak the Group Pacing timer using the command,

timers lsa-group-pacing

PS: I believe there might be some undocumented command, which could be used to still tweak the refresh period of each LSA - 30 minutes.

Re: command -OSPF fresh timer change-

thank you for your quick reply.

i will check the group pacing command.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content