cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

commands

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is there anyway of seeing who last configured a router/switch, Also how can I send a message to another user on another router/switch ?

3 Replies 3

desai.jaideep
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

You may very well send the messages.

the command is "send *(astriek)" and enter

Type the message and end with"^Z" contr-Z

Press (enter) to confirm.

Above will somewhat look like this:----

Router#send *(enter)

Enter the message and and control with ^Z

Hi this is cisco(contr-Z)

Press Enter to confirm(enter)

above will send the message to all the available lines and one copy to u.

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Carl,

If somebody had changed the config and done wr mem on it only then you will see it if you run this command "sh run" and on top you will see config last changed by and time and date when it is changed.

Also only if you configure local username and password or tacacs is there you will see the name or else there will be no name I think.

To send the message to another user on another switch use "send" command

More details you will find here

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios124/124cr/hcf_r/cfn_06h.htm#wp1034899

HTH

Ankur

The date of change of the config does not depend on write mem. The date of change will be in the show run only if the router believes that it really knows the correct time and date (either from the clock set command or from learning time via NTP). And the name of the person making the change will only be in show run if the authentication process included user name.

As I read the original question he wanted to know about sending messages to someone on another router or switch. The send command will send messages to the local device. But I do not know of a way to send a message to a remote router or switch.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick