cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Compatibility of 7606 router with 2950T switch

minimintu
Level 1
Level 1

i have 7606 router installed in the main office.when i connect the gigabit port of the router with the gigabit port of 2950T switch, the gigabit port of router doesnot show up. due to this i am facing lots of problem. please help me out.

4 Replies 4

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Frined,

2950 default settings are dynamic desirable. If you do not want this port to be a trunk port change it to access port with command "switchport mode access" and even if you want it to be a trunk port configure it manually for trunk.

ALso configure both the end with manual speed an duplex settings and if that does not work try with aut auto on both the sides.

HTH

Ankur

amit-singh
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Does 2950 show you any light on the port. What doesn show int x/y says you on both the switch and the router. What type of modules you are using and also the type of cable. Please paste the configs.

Try using command " negotiation auto " under the interfaces on your 7606 and also on 2950 gig port.

regards,

-amit singh

module used in 7606 router is Supervisor Engine 720-3B. Systimax Cat 6 cable is used

So you are trying to uplink the switch directly to Sup720. Sup720 has 2 uplink fiber ports, please let me know the GBIC used in both the switches. If you are talking about Cat6 cable taht means you are using 1000bast T GBIC in the sup 720 uplink port and same on the other.

Please paste switch port configs from both the switches and also the output of " show int x/y " from both the switches.

regards,

-amit singh