Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Concentrating DSL on Cisco 3600

Hi,

I read that 3600 is usually used for let's say larger branch office do access the central office via 6000 concentrator for example, but my question is: is it possible to make the 3600 act as a DSL concentrator, meaning is there way to accept several DSL connections to 3600

Thanks

3 REPLIES

Re: Concentrating DSL on Cisco 3600

Absolutely.

The 6400 series (the 6100/6200 are EOL now) is basically custom-built for large service-providers who want to do large-scale DSL aggregation and grooming. But pretty much any router with the appropriate interfaces and horsepower can serve as a DSL aggregator in theory. For example, many DSL providers use the 7200 or the 7500 as a combination aggregator and edge router.

Are you trying to aggregate bandwidth or are you trying to use it as a concentrator to terminate connections like you would use a 6000?

I would like to add that if you are using ADSL over frame-relay you can simply enable bridging:

interface Serial0/0

description Connected to DSL Frame-Relay

no ip address

encapsulation frame-relay IETF

no ip route-cache

no ip mroute-cache

keepalive 12

no frame-relay inverse-arp

frame-relay lmi-type ansi

interface Serial0/0.1 point-to-point

description connected to Customer

bandwidth ???

no ip route-cache

no ip mroute-cache

frame-relay interface-dlci ??

bridge-group 1

You can just keep adding subs to this. Also, add this to your config to get the bridging working:

frame-relay switching

bridge irb

interface BVI1

description Primary DSL Bridge-Group

ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x

bridge 1 protocol ieee

bridge 1 route ip

You can add bridge groups to this as well. Check out Frame-Relay Bridging in case I am missing anything, but this should do it for ya.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content