Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Concerning RMAs of Power Supplies

Historically, the work section that I am a part of has requested RMAs for C4500 power supplies, as 1 RMA (up to two PS's) per chassis SN, and then never using that chassis to commit an RMA again. However, this seems strange to me, in that if I committed the same number of RMAs as there were chassis, then I would have no more chassis to commit any future such RMA.

I have the theory that my section mates and I have been taught incorrectly in this, as it would seem that we could submit future RMAs on a given chassis' components equal to the number of components it has, at an indefinite amount... presupposing that all RMAs are fully completed in a given event.

Is my theory true? Can we re-use previously used chassis SNs for RMAs of previously received replacement devices that have later gone bad?

Thank you for any assistance/clarifications.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

you are saying that thought is accurate, and that my section mates have been taught wrongly.

No, that's not what I meant. 

Rules change (and this is what I mean).  Maybe the method they were taught were the "old school" method but nowadays it's different.  I have RMA-ed several SFP/SFP+ using a single 6807 chassis' serial number as a source and I haven't encountered any problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I know I have. 

Remember, the Entitlements Team are not Cisco staff but they are a sub-contractors.  So they may not know all the rules of the past.

So, you are saying that thought is accurate, and that my section mates have been taught wrongly. Correct?

you are saying that thought is accurate, and that my section mates have been taught wrongly.

No, that's not what I meant. 

Rules change (and this is what I mean).  Maybe the method they were taught were the "old school" method but nowadays it's different.  I have RMA-ed several SFP/SFP+ using a single 6807 chassis' serial number as a source and I haven't encountered any problem.

Thank you very much for your answer, and clarification!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: