cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

Config bidir pim in Multicast

Hi All,

I want to config bidir pim. I had saw the sample config doc and the doc need not to config the interface as sparse-dense-mode just config the rp address as bidir. But when I practice it, It did not work until I setup the interfaces to sparse-dense-mode. Does any body have experience about it? Thank You!

Waimen

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: Config bidir pim in Multicast

I think you are missing some information in the configuration.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122newft/122tcr/122tip3r/mult/p3ftmlt2.htm#1019858

Excerpt from the above link

The Cisco IOS software learns the mode and RP addresses of multicast groups via the following three mechanisms: static configuration, Auto-RP, and bootstrap router (BSR). Use the ip pim rp-address command to statically define the mode of operations and RP address for multicast groups that are to operate in sparse mode or bidirectional mode. By default, groups will operate in dense mode. No commands explicitly define groups to operate in dense mode.

Group mode and RP address mappings learned through Auto-RP and BSR take precedence over mappings statistically defined by the ip pim rp-address command without the override keyword. Commands with the override keyword take precedence over dynamically learned mappings.

If you are using Auto-RP to distribute group-to-RP mappings, use the bidir keyword with the ip pim send-rp-announce command.

If you are using the PIM Version 2 bootstrap mechanism to distribute group-to-RP mappings, use the bidir keyword with the ip pim rp-candidate command.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content