cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

config-problems using cisco 826 with german adsl (t-dsl)

guehuber
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

I try to connect a cisco 826 router with the ur2 support (dsl operating-mode annexb-ur2) to the adsl-line of the german telekom.

The included router web-plug-in tries to configure the router but with no good results.

Has anybody a running config for an excisting installation ? The dsl-connection the the SP is o.k., because I can run the pppoe connection with the pc over the provider dsl-modem. So there seems to be a configuration problem on the router. The adsl configuration tool uses pvc 0/35 (which should be o.k. for the german market ?).

I also can not find any config-examples for the german adsl-market on cco.

Or maybe there are any other troubleshooting hints ?

Thanks a lot,

Guenther

6 Replies 6

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As far as i know you just need to enter that "dsl operating-mode annexb-ur2" command. Rest of the command to configure PPPoE is the same as described in following link. It also have troubleshooting commands too.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/827pppoe_client.html

I have not worked with config maker tools. I didn't find config-examples for the german adsl-market on cco. You can console in the router to configure it.

thanks for your notice.

I tried your recommendations with no results. Maybe the physical layer has a problem, because the atm interface is down ?

But I already checked the pin layout of the cable and connectors at the dsl-splitter and it is o.k.

If the dsl operating mode is auto, the the "debug atm error" output is:

DSL: Could not establish connection

DSL: Unexpected response 0x25

DSL: Connection has reached max retries, toggle to other m

ode

if the dsl mode is ur2 than the output is:

DSL: Unexpected response 0x26

Any other ideas ?

Thanks a lot

Hi

Did you ever resolve this ? We have a simmilar situation in Italy !

The telecom italia speedtouch router seems training ok, the 826 does'nt

we tried with bot straight and x:d ADSL cable.

brgds

Mats

hi,

at the end - no.

I also tried the actual sw release.

If you have time, you can connect the router to the splitter and just wait.

After a few hours ;-) the interface will come up !

Now I have a dsl-modem with a pppoe router.

Good luck

G.

Ok thanks

The tech left it on over night and theat should be suficcient training time.....

Plan B is as yours.

thanks

Mats

We have installed a lot of cisco 826 in Germany and we had and have the same problem.

This problem is a problem of german telekom.

The following link shows a table with combinations of DSLAM and Router who work or not work. The greman telekom is using in some towns DSLAMs where the UR2 is not supported exactly.

The telecom modem will allways work because they use an other old protocoll.

We must phone a lot of time withe german telekom and cisco to find that problem. :-)

Don't give up calling your provider and the problem will be solved.

I you need more informations you can send me an email:

kohlstetter@blue-networks.de

best regards

Peer

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: