Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

config via aux port

hello

i heard that we can configure a new cisco router via its AUXILARY port. does any one try it? some other say that the config via AUX port is only available via remote access (PSTN) to AUX port!! is it true?

6 REPLIES

Re: config via aux port

The aux port can be plugged directly into with a terminal. It also can be used as a dial-in console port using PSTN. It also can be configured as an asyncronous interface for routing of user data.

ok. i plugged console cable directly to the terminal and it's OK. but i noticed that with aux port we don't see boot sequences: the first sentence we can see (after a boot) is press return to start.is it normal

This is normal. You can enter 'terminal monitor' once the router boots to see all of the same stuff that you would see from the console. However, the boot sequence will not be seen.

BTW would your describe ability of using aux port for ppp? Can I use it for analog modem dialup with ppp protocol? My 3640 don't want to use it on aux port. Thanks, for any information.

Sorry for the late response but I've been road warrioring it for the past few months. Yes, of course you can use your aux port for ppp over dialup. Plenty of example configs on CCO. Let me know if you are still having a specific problem.

y'all want the link here it is http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/

g'day

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content