Views
Helpful
Replies

Config

alsayed
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Expert!

am newly in Cisco product.i have configured 2 Dist(6590-sup-2GE) Runing HSRP.

am configure:

1)HSRP

2)ROOT BRIDGE PRIMARY(ds1)

3)ROOT BRIDGE Secandary(ds2)

4)Default route tpward the core

5)Vlan's

6)SVI

7)SNMP Community

8)Mangment Valn

9)trunking

What other configuration to make optimum config?

4 Replies 4

mheusinger
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

hard to tell the optimum, when no requirements given!

But in general enhance convergence time by

Rapid spanning tree or MVST,

Enhance security by using

root guard, bpdu guard, place all unused ports in a separate VLAN, set fixed port speed and duplex - where appropriate, all access ports to not autonegotiate to be trunk, setup a VTP domain with password to name a few.

The commands and examples are to be found in the command reference and configuration guide for your IOS version.

Hope this helps! Please rate all posts.

Regards, Martin

Hi Martin!

Rapid spanning tree or MVST.i dont understand it.i knew only PVST+;Which is ran by default on Cisco switch.

q?where can i use:rootgard

:bpdu gard

:Rapid spanning tree \

Simple config including the previous command's

B/W:Ur reply very much appreciated....

10xs

hi ali...

BPDU gard is all about to ensure the swithcing network stability and consistancy... you can have good idea of the exact situation when BPDU gard will be help full from this link:http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/65.html

Repid Spanning Tree: its upgreaded version of STP as you know STP takes large time to converge but RSTP is very fast in convergence it takes only 2second to converge by electing some editional port as back up...RSTP elect alternetport and backupport additionaly...you can have more idea form this document:http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/473/146.html

rootgard is all about the stability of the root bridge...

rate this post if it helps

regards

Devang

Hi Devang.10xs for ur reply!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: