Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

configuration backup

Hello there!

how are you doing today, guys? hope you are all fine.

I have some issue backing up my configuration, thought maybe you can help me here.see my problem below:

when I type "copy running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/hostname.txt" router require to repeate tftp-server address and destination file-name. how can I avoid it?

I mean I dont want enter or apply same things twice. Can I copy running-config to tftp only by one string - "copy running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/hostname.txt" ?

thank you for your time and attention!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: configuration backup

Hi,

this link appears to provide the information you are looking for. I haven't actually tried it and don't know which IOS versions support it but it's worth a look at:

http://blog.ioshints.info/2006/11/reduce-noise-generated-by-cisco-ios.html

the thing is that i dont wanna be prompted like that. i just want to
copy run-config with one command. because I'm doing it with TCLscript
so I cant asnwer prompts this way.  Do I explore my self clear?

Configure file prompt quiet command in configuration mode of router/switch then try with copy command

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

4 REPLIES

Hello there!

how are you doing today, guys? hope you are all fine.

I have some issue backing up my configuration, thought maybe you can help me here.see my problem below:

when I type "copy running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/hostname.txt" router require to repeate tftp-server address and destination file-name. how can I avoid it?

I mean I dont want enter or apply same things twice. Can I copy running-config to tftp only by one string - "copy running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/hostname.txt" ?

thank you for your time and attention!

Hi,

It's genrally a steps by cisco for taking backup in tftp,so better recommendation is to follow the below process for taking backup

CE_2#copy running-config tftp:
Address or name of remote host []? 64.104.207.171
Destination filename [ce_2-confg]? backup_cfg_for_my_router
!!
1030 bytes copied in 2.489 secs (395 bytes/sec)
CE_2#

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

the thing is that i dont wanna be prompted like that. i just want to copy run-config with one command. because I'm doing it with TCLscript so I cant asnwer prompts this way.  Do I explore my self clear?

the thing is that i dont wanna be prompted like that. i just want to
copy run-config with one command. because I'm doing it with TCLscript
so I cant asnwer prompts this way.  Do I explore my self clear?

Configure file prompt quiet command in configuration mode of router/switch then try with copy command

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi,

this link appears to provide the information you are looking for. I haven't actually tried it and don't know which IOS versions support it but it's worth a look at:

http://blog.ioshints.info/2006/11/reduce-noise-generated-by-cisco-ios.html

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content