Views
Helpful
Replies

configuration backup

nafrasiyabov
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there!

how are you doing today, guys? hope you are all fine.

I have some issue backing up my configuration, thought maybe you can help me here.see my problem below:

when I type "copy running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/hostname.txt" router require to repeate tftp-server address and destination file-name. how can I avoid it?

I mean I dont want enter or apply same things twice. Can I copy running-config to tftp only by one string - "copy running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/hostname.txt" ?

thank you for your time and attention!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

stephenshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

this link appears to provide the information you are looking for. I haven't actually tried it and don't know which IOS versions support it but it's worth a look at:

http://blog.ioshints.info/2006/11/reduce-noise-generated-by-cisco-ios.html

View solution in original post

the thing is that i dont wanna be prompted like that. i just want to
copy run-config with one command. because I'm doing it with TCLscript
so I cant asnwer prompts this way.  Do I explore my self clear?

Configure file prompt quiet command in configuration mode of router/switch then try with copy command

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello there!

how are you doing today, guys? hope you are all fine.

I have some issue backing up my configuration, thought maybe you can help me here.see my problem below:

when I type "copy running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/hostname.txt" router require to repeate tftp-server address and destination file-name. how can I avoid it?

I mean I dont want enter or apply same things twice. Can I copy running-config to tftp only by one string - "copy running-config tftp://x.x.x.x/hostname.txt" ?

thank you for your time and attention!

Hi,

It's genrally a steps by cisco for taking backup in tftp,so better recommendation is to follow the below process for taking backup

CE_2#copy running-config tftp:
Address or name of remote host []? 64.104.207.171
Destination filename [ce_2-confg]? backup_cfg_for_my_router
!!
1030 bytes copied in 2.489 secs (395 bytes/sec)
CE_2#

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

the thing is that i dont wanna be prompted like that. i just want to copy run-config with one command. because I'm doing it with TCLscript so I cant asnwer prompts this way.  Do I explore my self clear?

the thing is that i dont wanna be prompted like that. i just want to
copy run-config with one command. because I'm doing it with TCLscript
so I cant asnwer prompts this way.  Do I explore my self clear?

Configure file prompt quiet command in configuration mode of router/switch then try with copy command

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

stephenshaw
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

this link appears to provide the information you are looking for. I haven't actually tried it and don't know which IOS versions support it but it's worth a look at:

http://blog.ioshints.info/2006/11/reduce-noise-generated-by-cisco-ios.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: