cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration files

sbanyas
Level 1
Level 1

Is is possible to export the configuration files contained within CiscoWorks?

Our Network Services area is dealing with upgrading the memory in 797 2500 series routers. A third party is going to visit each site and physically install the memory.

What our Network Services area would like to do is provide this 3rd party installer with a soft or hard copy of the configuration file for each of the 797 routers affected. This way if the config gets "messed" up or is lost, the technician on site can make the necessary modifications based on the configuration in hand.

TIA for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry for not being clear earlier. DEE=

Data Extracting Engine which is part of RME 3.5 and available for earlier versions from CCO.

DEE is a utility that allosws the user to extract data for devices managed by RME from the RME inventory database and configuration archive in the required XML format.

DEE 2.0 provides two mechanisms to extract data - A command line utility and a servlet utility, which can be accessed by any client script through HTTP or HTTPS.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

If it is only for a few devices, then you can use the Search Archive Feature and view the config of the device in Raw format and can save/print it from the GUI. OR can also look at the DEE tool.

What is the DEE tool? How might it help in such a situation? I have a large number of devices, 797, for which I need to get the configuration files from.

Sorry for not being clear earlier. DEE=

Data Extracting Engine which is part of RME 3.5 and available for earlier versions from CCO.

DEE is a utility that allosws the user to extract data for devices managed by RME from the RME inventory database and configuration archive in the required XML format.

DEE 2.0 provides two mechanisms to extract data - A command line utility and a servlet utility, which can be accessed by any client script through HTTP or HTTPS.

While I haven't used "DEE", I have mapped a network drive to my CW2K server (Win2k) subdirectory \Program Files\CSCOpx\files\archive\shadow, then simply select the appropriate device type folder(Cisco_Catalyst_IOS_Switch, Cisco_Catalyst_Switch, etc). Finally select the specific device config (by IP address) you want.