Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuration messed up after upgrade to 12.2(25)SEG on Cat 500

Hi,

I upgraded my Catalyst 500 Express to 12.2(25)SEG .

After the upgrade, the switch lost all its information.

This was ok, but after setting the IP address etc, I am unable to set smartport roles on the ports.

Doing a show run using the /level15/exec http interface, shows all the mls macros for QoS missing.

Before upgrade, I would get 7-8 pages of output on a show run. Now I only get a very basic 1 page output.

Has anyone faced this problem ??

3 REPLIES
Super Bronze

Re: Configuration messed up after upgrade to 12.2(25)SEG on Cat

Not this problem, but these switches are buggy (at least in the original shipping software)...

Probably need to do a factory reset and start again, or restore from TFTP.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

HI,

I have noticed that when ever you do an upgrade the configuration is lost . For that I have a txt file from which i copy and paste the config once the upgrade is done

I finally solved the problem. (Thanks to Aarons earlier post)

I reset the switch back to factory defaults, and instead of going back to the original IOS version, it went back to the upgraded version.

Also, all the QoS macros came back !!

Although I had to reset the IP address, and smartport roles, everything else was fine.

In a Cat 500 Express, I used to think there was no easy way to do a backup of the config, as there is no CLI interface (telnet / console)

but did manage to do one with CNA.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content