cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration

eokai
Level 1
Level 1

Can anybody please help me config a 2600 series router to work in my network. If you have cisco configmaker look at this diagram, if not then read on. I have one router, a 3Com switch, 6 servers and 25 workstations in the network. I'm using a class C address 192.168.123.0. How will i config the router to work for me.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hello,

what are you trying to achieve ? Do you need your router to talk to another site ?

Basically, you need one switchport for each workstation and server. Assign an IP address from your class C range to each workstation and server. Assign an IP address from the range to the (Fast)Ethernet interface of your 2600, this usually is the first usable address, 192.168.123.1/24 in your case. This address is also the default gateway for all your workstations and your servers.

For the remainder, you need to provide more info on what you are trying to do with your router.

HTH,

Georg

baileja
Level 1
Level 1

eokai,

Your setup seems very easy. It appears that you have no internet connection, is that the case? The following is all you should need.

hostname lab

!

interface fastethernet0/0

ip address 192.168.123.1 255.255.255.0

no shut

!

For what your asking, the config above is the only thing you need. In fact, from looking at your map, you dont even need a router. You only have one subnet and no internet connection. The router will never route anything in this scenario. Is there more to the diagram than you have posted?

oldman
Level 1
Level 1

HI

agree with GPAUWEN

you must give us more information

what do you want your router to do for you

just for communication bewteen vlans ?or connect to other routers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: