cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring 6513 Redundancy

k.adepetu
Level 1
Level 1

i have two 6513 switches. each has 2 supervisor engines ( with msfc), a fwsm, idsm, nam, and 2 gigabit ethernet modules. One of them has been fully configured with redundancy btw the sup engines (using the high availability option) and the msfcs (using hsrp). How do i configure the second one such that the 2 switches will both be on the network and provide full redundancy btw them

1 Reply 1

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi K.Adepetu,

Yo have redundancy between the 2 sups in single chassis there are many ways but 2 have redundancy between 2 completely different chassis has only one way which is HSRP.

So better idea will be to have SRM (Single Router Node) redundancy between the 2 sups in same chassis in this case one 1 sup will be active and if something happen to the active sup the 2nd sup will take over.

And configure HSRp between the sups in 2 different chassis so that if both the sup in same chassi go down the sup in second chassis will come up.

I will give you to link to have a look at it closer

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_7_2/confg_gd/redund.htm#wp1058202

This link wil lguide you how to configure 2 different chassi with 2 sup each for full redundancy.

HTH

Ankur

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: