Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring and Aggregated E1 WAN connection

Hi,

I have an issue with exactly how to configure an aggregated E1 and what modules will support this.

The scenario is this.

BT have provided a GBUK circuit which aggregates a number of Kilostream links from remote sites. The circuit is an E1 circuit with timeslots allocated to various kilostream links e.g Time slot 1 supports a 64K Kilostream link from remote site A, timeslots 2-5 support a 256k Kilostream link from remote site B. The E1 presentation is G.703 BNC.

My first question is

1) Will a Chanelized E1 Module in a 3600 support this link? If not which module do I require?

2) How do you configure the Controler to support the incoming Leased lines dedicated to specific channels.

3) Would this be framed or unframed?

I have tried looking for a sample config but to no avail. My guess is that you configure the controler using:

channel-group 0 timeslot 1

channel-group 1 timeslot 2-5

etc

Which then creates a serial interface which you then allocat an IP address to and encapsulation PPP (to support non Cisco equipement).

Is my assumption correct ? Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chris

1 REPLY

Re: Configuring and Aggregated E1 WAN connection

Exactly so. Precise answers as follows:

1) yes

2) as per your sample in controller configuration mode. This creates a serial interface numbered according to the channel-group number on the controller. In your example, the 64k leased line would be Serial x/y:0 and the 256k leased line would be Serial x/y:1.

3) The E1 service is framed as G.704.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies