Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring AS5300 for IP Pool address assignment

Hi team,

I am in need of some of your expert advice and suggestions. I inherited an AS5300 router that is doing RAS. Currently dial up users are being authenticated through Radius and being assigned address through dhcp.

The problem is that the address that they are getting is also being used by corporate users. I want to have them pull addresses from another subnet.

Here it is in a nutshell.

Users dial in, they get a 172.16.1.x address which is also being used by corporate.

I want the dial in users to use a pool on the 172.16.10.X network

How would I get this accomplished. Any suggestions is very welcomed.

thanks

Nigel

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Configuring AS5300 for IP Pool address assignment

This isn't really an expert advice but I believe that the changes/adjustment should be done on the RADIUS server. I think IP address assignment (and other user setup option) can be done in different ways (user-based, group-based, etc.) but I'm not sure about the RADIUS server that you're using. You should be able to assign a different pool of IP addresses for each group, like "corporate-user-pool" and "dialup-user-pool".

Ariel

Hi,

You can do it this way ...

interface Group-Async1

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0

no ip directed-broadcast

encapsulation ppp

ip tcp header-compression passive

async mode interactive

peer default ip address pool group1

no fair-queue

no cdp enable

ppp authentication pap

group-range 1 30

ip local pool group1 172.16.10.aaa 172.16.10.zzz

where

aaa: is the first ip address of pool named group1

zzz: is the last ip address of pool named group1

Thanks,

Korg

Korg,

that worked great!! thanks. I did the configuration 2 weeks ago and its working great.

I want to expand on the config to lock down a little more. I dont know if this can be done or not, but what i want to do is from that pool of addresses, configure it so that a specific user uses a specific address. I know i can set the PPP adapter to use a static address, butthe problem is that we have alot of users and I would prefer to manage it from the AS5300 as to who gets what IP address.

Is that even possible??

thanks

Nigel

Views
Helpful
Replies