Cisco Support Community
Community Member

Configuring MENUS in cisco routers

Hi, i have two Privileges setting up. One for Admins and one for Support guys. Can i have Menus displays ONLY in Support privilege (5)? If i make a telnet connection (Privilege 15) i get the Password prompt, but if the support guy make a telnet (Privilege 5) he'll get a Menu options or the Password prompt?

Re: Configuring MENUS in cisco routers

Since there has been no response to your post, it appears to be either too complex or too rare an issue for other forum members to assist you. If you don't get a suitable response to your post, you may wish to review our resources at the online Technical Assistance Center ( or speak with a TAC engineer. You can open a TAC case online at

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Community Member

Hi, I have been looking into using menus to limit the commands that some users can have access to and I think that I have found the solution to your problem.

Set up a username for your support people with an autocommand function which starts the menu. When they login, they will get presented with the menu. Your Admin people will use a different username and not get the menu.

Good Luck, Neil

Community Member

Thanks for your response. If you have any link telling the order to do this i will appreciated.

Thanks again!!

CreatePlease to create content