Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring NTP on the nexus 7010

Hi All,

I'm a little confused about how to configure NTP on the nexus 7010.  I have an admin VDC and four working VDCs.  I read that you can only configure NTP on the admin VDC but the commands are also available on the other VDCs.  As the admin VDC is setup as an admin VDC it doesn't allow any commands other than those used to configure the other VDCs.  If I configure 'clock protocol ntp vdc X' from the admin vdc conf t cli it doesn't appear to apply that command to the individual VDCs.  If I try that command on each of the VDCs I get an error message.  If I do a 'show ntp peer-status' I get a message stating 'the clock is not controlled by ntp' with an explanation teling me to use the 'clock protocol ntp vdc X' command however as already explained that doesn't appear to work. I'm running nxos 6.2

Any help, documentation etc would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY

An update.I have now

An update.

I have now configured NTP.  The 'clock protocol ntp vdc X' command is accessed from the conf t Cli within the admin VDC. From my reading of the NXOS documentation from 6.2 you should be able to run NTP in multiple VDCs however this does not appear to be the case.  I've configured the admin VDC as the NTP master.

Views
Helpful
Replies