Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Configuring QoS Internet vs. VPN traffic

Hi everybody

I have a IPSEC Site to site VPN between our HQ and our second office. The traffic of the VPN tunnel includes VOIP and data (mainly connection to terminal services). Furthermore the same internet line (in our second office) is used for internet connection. I would like to ask if it is possible to configure QoS policy so that I can share 40% of the line for local internet and 60% for VPN (where 20% will be used for VOIP and 80% for data)?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY
Super Bronze

DisclaimerThe Author of this

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Possible?  Probably yes for egress, but you would want to give your VoIP priority over your local Internet traffic too.  e.g. something like 10% for VoIP, 50% for VPN data, and 40% for local Internet.

Ingress would be the ISP's egress, and as you likely have no control over that, with local Internet, your egress QoS, alone, won't work well.

However, if you dedicate an Internet link for VPN, and you only use it so you can control the other side's egress (e.g. ptp), QoS can work surprisingly well.  (Your local internet would have its own link too.)

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content