Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

confreg 0x3921

ok, this is two questions within an hour, so i hope you'll excuse me. slightly easier this time:

0x3921 - this works out to 0011-1001-0010-0001 in binary. according to the 6500 Sup-720 docs, that should mean the console baud rate is now changed [115.2k?] - there're explanations for all the bits, but mysteriously enough, nothing about 'bit 5'.

any clues what bit 5 does? incidentally, applying this on a sup720 is a baaad idea since you lose all console access [rommon stuck Sup] & connecting at different speeds from hyperterminal doesn't help.

any ideas how to revert back? different break cmds don't do the trick, unlike routers [hold spacebar]...

thanks.

6 REPLIES
Community Member

Re: confreg 0x3921

Looking at another document, it used to be part of the line speed settings:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps5854/prod_configuration_guide09186a00802c35d2.html

Eugene

Community Member

hi there,

that seems to confirm that the console baud rate is changed to 115.2k. but no amount of breaks/alternate breaks [hold spacebar, ctrl-break, etc.] can seem to get me back in via hyperterminal - tried many different speeds too. i get nothing but garbage.

any ideas? thanks in advance...

Community Member

Do you happen to have another 720 around? What about telnet access? I'm surprised that you could not change your Hyperterminal speed settings to get in.

Community Member

hey,

thanks for the reply - yes, i have a redundant sup720-3b in slot 8 [6513] - that boots up into catos just fine. any way i can get console access via that? switch console would only get me as far as the msfc3 & switching modules tells me that that module 7 is unknown...

Community Member

hey...turns out that we had to use procomm [not hyperterminal] at 400bps to get console access...FYI...

Community Member

I'm glad you were able to get in.

Eugene

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content