Views
Helpful
Replies

Connect CE500 to 3560

malberttoo
Level 1
Level 1

Gurus,

Please forgive me, I am a relative newb at this configuration.

I am trying to connect a new CE500 to an existing 3560. I went through the express setup on the CE without any issues, and connected one of the CE's Gig ports to one of the 3560's FastEthernet ports. However, the CE is not able to make connectivity, and I have to go back into Setup mode to enter the GUI, and there it displays an error that complains about Gig port 2, saying "This port is blocked by spanning tree". I have used the Smartports on the CE to change the Gig2 port from Switch to Other, then restrat the switch, but still the same, no connectivity, and the indicator light next to the port stays yellow.

Thanks in advance for any advice you can provide.

-Michael

2 Replies 2

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

I suspect there is looping in the network, so the spanning tree blocks the port. Please provide the network diagram for more info.

I've never gotten the hang of creating network diagrams with dashes and arrows, so please accept this humble hand-written .jpg.

Thanks for your time, and assistance!

-Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: