Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Connect two or more 2950SX

Hi,

I´d like to connect two 2950SX switches over the 1000Base-SX ports. I haven´t found any cable MTRJ-MTRJ cross-over cable. So is it possible to connect two or more 2950SX switches over the 1000Base-SX ports? Thank you,

Rouven

1 REPLY
Gold

Re: Connect two or more 2950SX

You would need to have one custom-made, I think. So that transmit strand at one end feeds into receive at the other end, etc. That's the problem with MT-RJ connectors: both strands go into one connector.

It is possible to connect two 2950SX switches over the SX ports, though. You just need a pair of cables with different ends; and either a fiber optic patch panel, or the fiber optic couplers used in one.

Each patch cable has a two-strand MT-RJ connector at one end, and two single-strand connectors at the other (ST or SC). The MT-RJ connectors go into your switch ports; and the cross-over is made at the fiber optic patch panel or coupler.

It is possible to purchase the bulkhead connectors that go into modular fiber patch panels or boxes, so you can get just three or six connector pairs instead of a whole rack-mount shelf.

Hope this helps.

Views
Helpful
Replies