Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

connect with fiber c6509 with c3524xl (Connect and Not-Connect)

hi,

i've connected my cisco 6509 with a cisco 3524xl with fiber optic.

The gbic is ZC end the fiber is 1500 meters.

The connection work properly from 2 years until today.

Today mi switch c6509 view the port 2/1 (port tha connect a c3534) connect in trunk end on cisco c3524 i see the gigabit ethernet 0/1 in status not-connect.

I have change the gbic and the port on the c6509 a i change gbic and port also in c3524xl, but not change.

In c6500 i've always the port in status CONNECT and in C3524XL the port in status Not-Connect?

Why this?

Can you help me?

Thanks

FCostalunga

2 REPLIES

Re: connect with fiber c6509 with c3524xl (Connect and Not-Conne

Hi,

Do you see any cdp neighbours on the 6509. It looks at though the Fibre may be operational from the 3524 to the 6509 but not the opposite direction. This may point towards a faulty fibre in one direction or a patch lead.

If you can see the 3524 as a neighbour on the cat6509 you know that there is a physical connection between the nodes but if there is no receive at the 3524 the port will not come up.

Purple

Re: connect with fiber c6509 with c3524xl (Connect and Not-Conne

If one end shows connect and the other not connect you have a fiber problem where half the fiber path is faulty , you need to have someone test the path with a fiber tester. If it shows not connect it could not have been a working link.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content