Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting 1720 series router

trfunite
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have a 1720 series router i intent to connect it to another router but i only have a wic. is there any way to connect it to another router? if yes which series of router should i get? please advice. thanks a lot in advance.

3 Replies 3

rsissons
Level 5
Level 5

Depending on what type of wic you have, you can connect via a back to back serial connection or over a Telco service.

The other router will also be dependant on what type of WIC you are using and what exactly you want to do with it. We would really need more information in order to advise you.

hi

I wanted to connnect two router. i look at the wic it is stated there serial 1 i remove the moduler and it is stated WIC T1. i also have a cable which which one end is connect to the WIC and the other end is V.35. is the information sufficent enough? or do you think it is possible for me to e mail you the pic of the WIC? please advice. thanks a lot in advice. i really appreciate you help.

It sounds like your WIC is a WIC-1T if it has a V.35 cable. The other end of the cable is a DB-60 male connector (4 rows of 15 pins each row). Is the V.35 end of the cable male or female? If it is male, it is probably a DTE cable.

If you have another Cisco router with a serial interface, you can put a cable on that serial port with DCE pinouts and female V.35 connector. Then, plug the two cables together, making a serial crossover cable connection.

On the serial interface with the DCE cable directly attached to it, run the "clockrate xxxxxxx" command, where xxxxxx is a number. Here's a configuration example:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk713/tk507/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094504.shtml

Hope this helps.