cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting subnets via VPN connection

communifx
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have an ASA5520 firewall with a peer 2 peer VPN connection to a remote office. I also have a direct connection to another site, which is on a different subnet than mine, where our servers are located. I am trying to have the remote office communicate with the other site housing our servers through my firewall without success. Can someone please help? 

1 Reply 1

Nagaraja Thanthry
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I guess you are missing either NAT rules or route statements. Please check the following:

> Make sure that the remote site has a route to the server network via your ASA.

> Make sure that your server network has a route to remote subnet via your ASA

> Make sure that the crypto access-lists contain rules for traffic from server network to remote subnet

> Make sure that you have configured NAT rules for remote subnet i.e. you have included the remote subnet in your NAT list just like your internal subnets.

This should enable communication between the networks. If this does not work, please post your configuration so we can look at what is missing.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

NT

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: