cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connecting to the rme database

rabozo
Level 1
Level 1

does anyone know how to connect directly, via dbreader/dbreader.html or isql, to the rme database ?

which password has the dba account ?

i will try to get detail information from the inventory, which i can't get from the normal reporting tools.

thank you for any help

christoph

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Querying the db directly is not recommended. Even if you know the db password, the db schema is not published, so how would you know which tables to refer to?. You could easily end of corrupting the db, not supported.

Thank you for answering my question. I understand that it may be difficult to find the right information in the rme-database when the schema isn't known. But what do you think about getting information about the serial numbers of about appr. 1100 routers ? This information is already retrieved by rme-inventory but only gets extracted by the detailed device report. This report can be activated for only 50 devices at a time and is formatted in a way which makes it impossible to work on by excel. When creating a custom report for the information i need (serial number from all modules within the router) i get only the chassis serial number.

I want to access the database to retrieve information not to change something.

Hi,

You can create a custom report in Resource Manager Essentials -> Administration -> Inventory (report type "Serial Number").

When you run this custom report, you can save the report as a CSV file.

As for the 50 device limit, a patch is available to remove this, please contact the TAC for this.

regards,

Sharath

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: