Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

connecting two branches having the same Network ID

I have 2 branches offices, both are using Newtork ID 192.168.100.0. They r going to be connected with Cisco 1721 series router at each branch using leased lines. Can I configure the routers to act as bridges, or there is any way to do this design.

2 REPLIES
Green

Re: connecting two branches having the same Network ID

Until you change either or both address blocks, you can use NAT on each router. You'll need to do static mapping to hit a specific resource at the remote end ... kind of a pain, but it'll work.

Host (192.168.100.1) -> router/NAT (10.10.10.1)-->WAN-->router/NAT(10.10.10.2)-->server(192.168.100.1)

In the example, you'd need a static NAT mapping on 10.10.10.2 that sends the traffic to (specifically) server(192.168.100.1)

If you set up the routers to bridge, then the host addresses at each end will need to be unique (you can't have a ".1" on both networks).

Good Luck

Scott

Re: connecting two branches having the same Network ID

Hi scott,

Thanks for your reply, consider that I have unique IPs on both networks, Can you tell me how to configure a router as a bridge, get me a link if possible.

best regards.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content