Helpful
Replies

Connecting two EIGRP Processes

ksimsimon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

i have a problem and i hope i get a little bit help here:

i have to seperate a network into two eigrp processes and for the change i need the same network statements in the Eigrp-processes because we will seperate the buildings without changing the ip adresses.after the change we will seperate this both eigrp as with firewalls.I have searched the cisco-net for any information but i don't found anything.

can i do this with redistribute and route-maps or need i special configs for this.

I am grateful for each assistance.

regards

Klaus

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If you're not running EIGRP on the same interfaces, then you can separate the AS' on a single router using more specific network statements. You will need to redistribute between the EIGRP AS', using tags in both directions (mutual redistribution is one of the most dangerous configurations of all, based on the number of escalations I've been pulled in to where that was the problem).

HTH

Russ.W

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ruwhite
Level 7
Level 7

I don't know if I understand the questions, but.... If you're trying to separate two interfaces on the same subnet, you're not going to be able to. If you're trying to separate two interfaces in different subnets, but in the same major network (?), then it should be pretty simple.

If your interfaces are:

10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

10.1.2.1 255.255.255.0

Then you can use:

router eigrp 100

network 10.1.1.1 0.0.0.0

!

router eigrp 200

network 10.1.2.1 0.0.0.0

HTH....

:-)

Russ.W

Hi Russ,

thanks for your replay.

today we have 4 6500 with sub720 and now we will seperate this network

[]-------[]

| |

[]-------[]

as1 as2

we have a networkstatement for e.g 10.10.0.0 and for voice 172.31.0.0

when we have changed all the buildings for network as2 the we will seperate as2 with 2 firewalls but in the time we need for changing we will use both as with the same networkstatements.

my idea was i make a redistribute from as1 to as2 with route-maps to prevent routingloops.

regards

Klaus

If you're not running EIGRP on the same interfaces, then you can separate the AS' on a single router using more specific network statements. You will need to redistribute between the EIGRP AS', using tags in both directions (mutual redistribution is one of the most dangerous configurations of all, based on the number of escalations I've been pulled in to where that was the problem).

HTH

Russ.W

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: