cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connecting two Switch Cat6509

gilson_machado
Level 1
Level 1

I have two Sw6509 (CatOS) that I have to connect as core devices for my LAN backbone (one is in production - just to make the things easy). They have the same Hardware (Dual SUP2 and Dual MSFC2). Is there any place that I can check to find samples of designs to interconnect both? Shoul I use the SUP2 fiber ports or should I use simple fiber trunks from 16 port blade?

Thanks,

Gilson

3 Replies 3

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can use either or both. If you are use both configure an etherchannel between the two. The following page will have some examples

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/browse/index.pl?i=Technologies&f=772

Thanks for the response. Excellent web site. I am checking the details on it. Basically as the first step is to have both boxes with the same CatOS / IOS level. As the plan is to have the two SW6509 as core and other two Cat4000 (3 and 6) for distribution, I will follow up this dicussion later on witha proposed design.

Thanks,

Gison

Thanks for the Web site.

How would you configure the Spanning Tree when you have both connected via Trunk. One is long time in production with "Designated Root Priority 8192" for SPT. All other switches are Can the newone se set for "set spantree priority 8193 1" ?