cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection between a 7513 and Catalyst 5500 with RSM

h.stepp
Level 1
Level 1

I am in the process of changing my VLAN management interface from the default of VLAN 1 to VLAN 2 and encountered the following:

Current IP address of SC0 interface is an IP network that is not defined on my RSM. The IP network is configured on our 7513 as as sub-interface and the network is advertised using a network statement via OSPF. It also has an IP route statement pointing to the address on the 7513. Correct me if I am wrong but if you are using a 5500 with a RSM shouldn't the ip route statement point to an address on your RSM?

If I change SC0 from VLAN 1 to VLAN 2 how should I setup the 7513? Should the IP address of the Ethernet interface on the router be in a different network from the one that I will be using for the management interfaces of the switches?

Please note the following:

Currently the 7513 is connected to the 5500 via a non-trunk 100 MB fiber link.

The 5500 is our backbone switch and will after I finish configuring it provide all Inter-VLAN communications internally.

The 7513 is only being used for our WAN connections which are Frame Relay.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harless

1 Reply 1

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Often times complex configuration issues are best addressed in an interactive session with one of our trained technical assistance engineers. While other forum users may be able to help, it’s often difficult to do so for this type of issue.

To utilize the resources at our Technical Assistance Center, please visit http://www.cisco.com/tac and to open a case with one of our TAC engineers, visit http://www.cisco.com/tac/caseopen

If anyone else in the forum has some advice, please reply to this thread.

Thank you for posting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: