cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Connection from a Sun Serial B to Cisco console

kdepijper
Level 1
Level 1

I configured a last resort access to a 1710 via the Serial B port of a Sun. It works parially, as I can login to the 1710 when issue'ing tip -9600 /dev/term/b.

Although, the connection is extremely slow, and changing the console speed to 19200 doesn't change it. Any idea why ? i have the following configuration:

line con 0

logging synchronous

login local

terminal -type vt100

tranport preferred none

transport output none

thanks in advance, Karien

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Although console speed of cisco router is typically 9600 baud, should't be that bad for access. Make sure to Set the Sun serial port speed, data bits, parity, and stop-bits to 9600-8-N-1 (the default setting) or match the settings configured on the comm server (if different)

Here is the document which talks exactly that

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/793/access_dial/sun_comm_server.html

That is exactly what I configured, but apparently there is something else that makes the connection slow ..:

Any idea ?

You can try to eliminate any console port issues by plugging a windows console to 1710 and testing it. you can try to use serial A port on Sun (if you have it) or other sun machine to console into 1710

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: