Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Connections not Timing out over VPN Connection

We have a customer of ours who is using the following equipment.

Cisco 7206 VXR and a Merit Radius server.

Their customers dial into the ISP that I work for and connect to a 3Com Total Control Chassis. The customers then authenticate using a someone@domain.com type login, the 3com equipment sends the radius request to our RADIUS server and is then forwarded onto the customers RADIUS server with the @domain.com extension stripped. After successful authentication, the customer has a L2TP tunnel built between the 3com chassis and the customers 7206VXR.

The problem is that no matter what "Session-Timeout" command we use in RADIUS, the session will stay connected indefinitely even if there is not any traffic going through the VPN connection.

Has anyone else run into this problem before?

1 REPLY

Re: Connections not Timing out over VPN Connection

James,

This is a vpdn connection.

Is the session-timeout configured for the tunnel auth or the user auth? I don't think it applies to user auth but I'm not exactly sure. You may want to work something out with the customer so they disconnect idle users properly.

If your NAS was a cisco box I might be able to help out more. Might want to check with a 3com users group or something to figure out how to get the modems to disconnect idle sessions.

Josh

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content