cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connectivity between Buildings

cavinca
Level 1
Level 1

I have four buildings which are 2 Km apart and one more buildings which is 500Km apart.I need to connect all these.What are the ways i can connect.

I need your suggestions .

Thanks

Rgs

Cavin

3 Replies 3

b-price
Level 1
Level 1

The distance is a little too great to even run single mode fiber without a repeater, so it would really depend on what kind of traffic will be running between buildings. You may very well need a WAN solution. You could use anything from 56k ppp, frame relay, ISDN, T1, to T3 depending on what you need to push across the link. The only other thing would be if you could jump on a SONET ring or something like that.

I hope that's worth something.

bena
Level 1
Level 1

For the closer buildings you may also want to consider a Wireless link, depending on whether they have LOS etc. Best consulting with your local carrier provider and see what solutions they can offer you. Which country are you located in ?

netops01
Level 1
Level 1

I have a remote building 3km away which is linked using a PAV infra red laser link. This runs at 100MB and carries my VTP with no hassle.

see www.pavdata.com

Hope this helps

Ian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: