cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

connectivity trouble shooting

h.wall
Level 1
Level 1

I am sorry to generalize. I can be more specific if needed. I have a site that my wireless aps cannot connect, there are 5 aironet 1230's on 4 floors to 4 diffewrent switches. All broadcasts go through fine, dhcp, arp and cdp. I cannot ping any device on that vlan however even from the switch they are directly connected to and see them with cdp neighbor. The vlan is active and the network has been up without problems for six months. What are some show commands I can use to find out why unicast packets are being either dropped or timing out. All interfaces are up and up. The vlan is up and up and active. I can ping the interface on the router that is that vlans default gateway from each switch. The switches are 4000 switches with one acting as the core. The 4 switches are trunked to the core switch then the feeds for each vlan are patched to the routers interfaces from the core switch. The feed ports on the core switch are vlanned and up and up. The core switch is the vtp server and the rest are clients. The router has no trunks to the core so it does not recieve vtp updates. Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

Can you clarify a few things for us.

1. Are users on the same VLAN unable to communicate with each other?

2. Are 2 users connected to the same switch and are on the same VLAN able to communicate with each other.

3. Have you checked the VLAN database of the switches to see if they are learning the VLANs from the VTP server.

4. Can the users ping their default gateway. I am assuming the core 4000 switch is configured as the gateway for the users, correct?

5. I am not familiar with APs but I assume they could have users assigned to different VLANs. If that's how you have the AP setup then are you trunking between the AP and the switches?

Regards,

Sundar

PLease elaborate more. What do you mean by Site? Is it a URL or what this site?

Regards,

Could you please provide the config. of 4000 & one of the AP connected switch ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: