I have a 2811 with 16 serial lines for reverse telnet to my labs. I have 10 devices consisting of 4 switches and 6 routers. I can connect all devices except one. I have tried changing the octal cable, re-configuring the 2811 and even replaced the end router. The connection comes up initially but after a few lines it locks. I thought it may be a flow control problem but all lines are set to none.
Has anyone experienced this problem before and if so how was it resolved ? I have attached the configuration of the terminal server.
Unfortunately, Cisco does not make it easy to tell the console speed. The quirk is a legacy of the product history.
Back in the stone age, when dinosaurs roamed the earth and 56kbps was a fast WAN connection, there was a physical set of jumpers on the main CPU board (the CSC/) of the AGS/MGS/CGS series to set the console port speed (and other things). This jumper block was called the 'configuration register." The earliest Cisco boxes did NOT have any NVRAM, and this was the only means to initially configure the device.
Over time, this physical jumper block was deprecated (first by the IGS series) and replaced by a two-octet word stored in NVRAM to represent this formerly physical jumper block. This NVRAM value is set using the "config-register" command..
This is actually a pretty cool feature, i didn't even know it existed until I was looking for a solution to advertise a subnet (prefix in BGP talk), only if a certain condition existed. This is exactly what conditional advertisements does
j ai une question j ai achete un routeur cisco 887VA-k9 , je le configuré avec la configuration ci- dessous
si je le lier avec mon pc portable sur l un de ses ports directement ça marche toute est bien ( la connexion internet + m...
Attached policy provides CLI access to the Cisco 4G router over text messaging. Two files are in the attached .tar file:
2. PDF with instructions on how to load and use the .tcl file.