Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Converting native IOS to hybrid code

I'm preparing to convert two pair of 6506s from native IOS version 12.1(8a)E5 with redundant L2 and static routes to hybrid code.

Is there converting tool available for this? I need best practice recommendations to minimize problems as these are the CORE switches. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
2 REPLIES

Re: Converting native IOS to hybrid code

Ok. Do you mind if I ask as to what is driving this? There may be some functionality differences at this time but it seems that Cisco is moving to a common interface... IOS. Correct me if I am wrong. I have heard of the conversion from Native to Hybrid. An instructor who was a huge fan of Hybrid mode put out the change info to me in hardcopy. You may be able to contact him at Jchapman@skylinecomputer.com. Good luck.

Re: Converting native IOS to hybrid code

Thanks for the information. As to the reason behind this has to do with L8 and above of the OSI... politics of the company. Something that you and I do NOT care to be involved with!!! But I will try your instructor to see if he could help. Thank you.

Views
Helpful
Replies