Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Copy Paste config commands in CiscoWorks NetConfig

I have created a small scripts that computes configurations for my routers. I wanted to just copy past the output of the script into a Job created in the NetConfig application. But when I copy the commands from a text file and try to paste it into the commands section of the Job, it does not work. So, is there wa way to copy from a Windows application and paste that data into a CiscoWorks applications or are there other ways to get the config file created by the script into a CiscoWorks netConfig Job ?

Thanks,

Guy

2 REPLIES

Re: Copy Paste config commands in CiscoWorks NetConfig

Not that I've seen. It appears to be a Java thing. I hope that someone out there corrects me, as it has been a source of frustration for me, too.

Re: Copy Paste config commands in CiscoWorks NetConfig

Guy,

When you create a new template in NetConfig, there is a feature to import the commands from a text file. Thus if you write the results of your script to a text file on the CW server, you should be able to quickly create a template with those commands. Hopefully this will help you out a little.

-Dave

Views
Helpful
Replies