cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Copying files to TFTP server using SNMP on Cat 2924-XL IOS12.0(5.2)XU

ns
Level 1
Level 1

Can anyone tell me if it is possible to copy files to a TFTP server using SNMP on the 2924-XL Cat switches, I have run into a wall searching on cisco.com. I know that it is possible for devices running 12.0 using the CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB but in every document related to copying the configs to tftp using SNMP it is mentioned that it is not applicable to the 2900/3500-XL series switches.

If it isn't possible with SNMP what other possiblities are there?

Thanks,

Niels

3 Replies 3

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

There are a few tech tips at: http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/SNMP/index.html which uses the old deprecated mibs. See if that helps. XL switches do not support the CONFIG-COPY MIB currently.

aterhorst
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Niels,

With the command "copy tftp" (where could be for example flash:config.text or running-config.) you can copy to a TFTP-server. If youre TFTP server is an Unix host, the filename should exist and match, otherwhise you'll get a writing error.

regards,

Alexander

Thanks Alexander,

The thing is you can do this with SNMP on the 7500 and automate it without having to do it manually. But I haven't been able to find any info on how to do this via SNMP on the 2900-XL series switches. We've solved this with a script using the expect programming tool, thus not using SNMP. With this we are executing each comando as you would do manually typing every command.

Cheers,

Niels