Views
Helpful
Replies

copying running config to TFTP server

chandra.mouli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have installed TFTP sever(From Cisco.com).Im unble to copy the running config to the TFTP server.Error messge displayed is "%Error opening tftp://202.9.1xx.1xx/iphone1-confg (Undefined error) "

What am i supposed to do.I did this operation from Telneting to the device.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

This is the security of tftp.

As you can write to a file without the need for authentication, the correct implementation is that tftp-clients can only write to existing files. In most tftp servers this behaviour can indeed be observed, appearently in yours as well.

Create an empty file on your tftp directory with the filename matching the name that you use to store the config. This will solve your problem.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

This is the security of tftp.

As you can write to a file without the need for authentication, the correct implementation is that tftp-clients can only write to existing files. In most tftp servers this behaviour can indeed be observed, appearently in yours as well.

Create an empty file on your tftp directory with the filename matching the name that you use to store the config. This will solve your problem.

THANKS a LOT for the PRECISE information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: