Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

corrupt ARP table?

I am running about 30 1721 routers with T1 WICs and 12.2(13)T IOS. Generally they run without a hitch. However, I have noticed that every now and then the routers stop "talking" to other hosts via the FastEthernet0 interface. When this happens the interface shows as up/up and I can ping the IP of the interface itself but nothing else connected to that interface is pingable. At first I would reboot them to fix the problem. Lately, after a bit of troubleshooting I have found that clearing the ARP table fixes the problem right away without having to reboot. When the problem happens the ARP table has entries in it that look OK. Remote subnets reachable with the T1 are also OK but Fastethernet0 reachable addresses, machines connected to the SAME switch as the router are not pingable.

Maybe some kind of bug?

Thanks,

Diego

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES
Silver

Re: corrupt ARP table?

It could possibly be a bug. You may verify it using the Bug Toolkit.

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Bugtool/home.pl

Hi

I would recommend to check for the logged messages when this happen. Also is there is chance that somebody configure the Ip address of the routers? You also said that you have 30 routers this happen in all the routers? You said also that from the routers you were not able to ping hosts.. what about the other way around???

Hope you reply is an interesting issue

I will try to test the pings and get some logs but it will be tough since it doesn't happen very often. Right now, it hasn't happened for two weeks. Its probably due to happen real soon.

Thanks,

Diego

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.